When our lovely, perfect little girl was born, my husband held her and cooed affectionately, "She looks just like a little Ghoulie!" Ghoulies, apparently, is a B (or perhaps C?) movie from the mid-80's. I know this now because he made me watch it with him, just to prove his point. There I sat, bored to death by the same tired haunted mansion story, when onto the screen pops -- my newborn?! No, a "Ghoulie"! But man, what a resemblance.

Monday, January 15, 2007

voila

I remember when I first discovered blogging, and would faithfully read certain blogs several times a week. When my favorites hadn't been updated, I would be so disappointed. I would check a few days later, then check again, only to find nothing new, sometimes for weeks on end. What could possibly be going on in these people's lives that they had no time left for their blog's dedicated readers?
And then, one day, voila. A new post. It was like heaven.
So here I am. Voila.
Jake is one week into his 12-week police academy. Please no references to Steve Guttenberg; I can't take any more of those. It's so not like that. It's more like basic training, I'm told. Not that I would know. The good news is that he gets to come home during every weekend, up to and including federal holidays like today. During the week, I kill time by working, practicing, and single-mom-ing, while Ghoulie kills time by teething. Top teeth are monsters, it seems.
I had a lot more to say. I had it all formulated before Ghoulie and I lay down to take a nap. But during my short sleep, I seem to have forgotten how this was supposed to go. . .

No comments: