When our lovely, perfect little girl was born, my husband held her and cooed affectionately, "She looks just like a little Ghoulie!" Ghoulies, apparently, is a B (or perhaps C?) movie from the mid-80's. I know this now because he made me watch it with him, just to prove his point. There I sat, bored to death by the same tired haunted mansion story, when onto the screen pops -- my newborn?! No, a "Ghoulie"! But man, what a resemblance.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

on body image

There are days when I am infinitely impressed that my body has the ability to create life, to nourish and sustain it on a daily basis. I am so appreciative of my physical self for giving me the gift of my daughter. I am in awe of nature and of my own biology. Then there are days like today when I just think, I WANT MY ABS BACK!

3 comments:

Cristina said...

LOL. I want my ass back too! And my abs. Oh, and I also want thighs that don't touch in the middle. Is that so much to ask???

Unknown said...

I clearly remember my mother Jane Fonda-ing her heart out after my younger brother was born. She soon looked fantastic. So I do have faith that it can be done. Now it's just a matter of finding the time and the motivation. . . There we go with that whole reality thing again.

Unknown said...

A link from my friend Joy's blog, something to put it all in perspective: http://shapeofamother.blogspot.com/
Thank you thank you thank you to whomever came up with the idea.