When our lovely, perfect little girl was born, my husband held her and cooed affectionately, "She looks just like a little Ghoulie!" Ghoulies, apparently, is a B (or perhaps C?) movie from the mid-80's. I know this now because he made me watch it with him, just to prove his point. There I sat, bored to death by the same tired haunted mansion story, when onto the screen pops -- my newborn?! No, a "Ghoulie"! But man, what a resemblance.

Friday, July 28, 2006

because "transition" was so much fun the first time

Now that the necessary parties have been informed -- at least, any necessary parties who might happen to read my blog -- I can announce to the web community at large that we will soon be leaving the great city of Pittsburgh and returning to New England. How soon, I do not know. At this point everything hinges on the Daddy finding the right job, and right now there are two promising possibilities. I won't begin the job search until we get there, since yoga studios don't typically post their vacancies online.
So yeah, went back to teaching two weeks ago, only to leave again. I'm not telling my students until we know something definite.
Oh, and get this: We'll be living with my in-laws short term, to save up some money and to avoid the long-distance house hunt. I am sure some of you think I'm crazy for agreeing to this. But my in-laws really are awesome, non-interfering types who worship me for "putting up with" their son (as they see it), so I think with some effort, we can make it work. It will probably be harder on Jake than on me (even though it was his idea!). But I will still use this blog for all my venting, first over the stress of moving and then over the stress of being there!
So begins the process of sorting, throwing away the junk, packing what's left, and so on. All while parenting a 3-month-old and adjusting to my new part-time work schedule. Yeah. I must be crazy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!! really?! i forget, where is jake from? that is SO cool! well, for us anyway. not that it'll be super close to get to NH (?) but definitely closer than PA!

so yea . . . moving is tough and stressful. hang in there.

your blog is really funny and insightful to read by the way! :o)
liz

Unknown said...

Yeah, New Hampshire -- not too too far from you guys! Our parents' houses are within 5 miles of each other, lots of grandparents around.
And in spite of my tone in this post, I really am happy and excited to be moving. Or, happy and excited that we will be living in NH again. Not too happy or excited about the process of getting there, but I guess that's a necessary evil.