When our lovely, perfect little girl was born, my husband held her and cooed affectionately, "She looks just like a little Ghoulie!" Ghoulies, apparently, is a B (or perhaps C?) movie from the mid-80's. I know this now because he made me watch it with him, just to prove his point. There I sat, bored to death by the same tired haunted mansion story, when onto the screen pops -- my newborn?! No, a "Ghoulie"! But man, what a resemblance.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

but I'm not dead yet. . .

(1000 Monopoly dollars to anyone who identifies that quote. Family excluded.)
We've been spending the week in New Hampshire, interviewing and othewise getting ready to live here. The big news of yesterday is that I have, rather inadvertently, found a great job teaching yoga! I'll be the sole yoga teacher in a brand-new chiropractic office, working alongside one chiropractor and one massage therapist. So, so, so excited. I'm almost gushing. Perhaps I should stop now.
The funny thing is, I wasn't sure I wanted to teach yoga here. I've been feeling a little burnt out (as you may have noticed from certain previous posts.) But upon further reflection, I realize the burnout has less to do with teaching classes and much, much more to do with the sheer idiocy with which the current classes are coordinated. (Not my job!) But with this new job, I'm in charge. I pick the schedule, I decide which classes to offer, I pretty much rule my own private yoga universe. BWAHAHAHA! The control freak in me is about to burst at the seams with enthusiasm.

3 comments:

Will said...

Monty Python, right? Holy Grail?

I'll send you my paypal account info for the monopoly money. Am I right?

My monopoly paypal account...

Anonymous said...

woo-hoo!

See I thought tequote was MP, but from The Meaning of Life, transplant sequence just before "Whenever life gets you down Mrs. Brown..."

Anonymous said...

"I think I'll go for a walk. I feel Happy. I feel happpeeeee... I feel.. THUNK!"