When our lovely, perfect little girl was born, my husband held her and cooed affectionately, "She looks just like a little Ghoulie!" Ghoulies, apparently, is a B (or perhaps C?) movie from the mid-80's. I know this now because he made me watch it with him, just to prove his point. There I sat, bored to death by the same tired haunted mansion story, when onto the screen pops -- my newborn?! No, a "Ghoulie"! But man, what a resemblance.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Ghoulie's first date

Back from a beautiful, if somewhat crazy, holiday weekend wedding. My best childhood friend made an absolutely gorgeous bride, and her groom is everything I ever would have hoped for her. They are wonderful together.
But the single best moment of my weekend was watching Jake and Ghoulie on the dance floor, amidst the strobe lights and the bubbles, swaying to Butterfly Kisses.
Yeah. We all cried. It's okay, you can too.
But really, who wouldn't want to dance with the cute girl in the yellow dress?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you took LOTS of pictures!
Love,
Ghoulie's Grammy