When our lovely, perfect little girl was born, my husband held her and cooed affectionately, "She looks just like a little Ghoulie!" Ghoulies, apparently, is a B (or perhaps C?) movie from the mid-80's. I know this now because he made me watch it with him, just to prove his point. There I sat, bored to death by the same tired haunted mansion story, when onto the screen pops -- my newborn?! No, a "Ghoulie"! But man, what a resemblance.

Monday, December 11, 2006

fa la la freakin' fa la la

My latest new-mom, Christmas shopping pet peeve: Able-bodied individuals who insist on forgoing the stairs at the mall, instead sauntering s-l-o-w-l-y up the single-file ramps, and leaving we stroller-users to wait at the bottom. . . and wait. . . and wait. . .
Ditto for that perky lady who virtually skipped out of the elevator. . .

No comments: