When our lovely, perfect little girl was born, my husband held her and cooed affectionately, "She looks just like a little Ghoulie!" Ghoulies, apparently, is a B (or perhaps C?) movie from the mid-80's. I know this now because he made me watch it with him, just to prove his point. There I sat, bored to death by the same tired haunted mansion story, when onto the screen pops -- my newborn?! No, a "Ghoulie"! But man, what a resemblance.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BLOG???

. . . I know you're all asking. Answer: Life happened. Good life. Which always, it seems, equals busy life.
Up until last week, I was just the yoga teacher at work. 6 1/2 hours each week, or 8 on the weekends I offer the Introductory class. No big deal. Starting last week, though, I also became the office administrator, for an extra couple hundred a week. I'm enjoying it, and my mom and company (AKA my siblings who are now, incidentally, one terrific aunt and three doting uncles -- plus a couple of girlfriends and one foster brother and anyone else who might happen along) are taking care of Ghoulie.
Now I am officially juggling.
Oh, and one more "official" bit of news: As of last Saturday, when he signed his Academy paperwork, I'm officially a cop's wife. And, if I may brag for just a sentence or two, I have to mention that of 550 applicants, 5 were hired. Total. Yes, that's right, 1%. And my husband was at the top of the list. Go Jake! I love you.
Ghoulie is asleep, finally. Today was well-baby and immunization day (except for the flu shot, which we've decided against). She's a trooper when it comes to shots. Cried for about 10 seconds, then pouted for another 15 or so. After that, you wouldn't know she'd had anything. We've also decided we love our new pediatrics practice.
Augh, now I'm annoying myself with my rambling. Goodnight, and I will try not to let real life get in the way of my computer anymore.
Hardy har har.

No comments: