When our lovely, perfect little girl was born, my husband held her and cooed affectionately, "She looks just like a little Ghoulie!" Ghoulies, apparently, is a B (or perhaps C?) movie from the mid-80's. I know this now because he made me watch it with him, just to prove his point. There I sat, bored to death by the same tired haunted mansion story, when onto the screen pops -- my newborn?! No, a "Ghoulie"! But man, what a resemblance.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

please, get angry

Somebody explain this to me.
Thanks to Mommy off the Record for bringing up the subject.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, angry.

I sent the magazine a letter of support stating that the only answer is to be sure to put MORE images like this out there. People need to realize that we're here, we're legal, and we're not going to stop because it squeaks some narrow-minded people out.

Babytalk takes comments and is also asking for pictures of breastfeeding! I might have to pick a few of mine and send them.

http://www.parenting.com/parenting/babytalk/channel

Anonymous said...

In case you didn't catch it, this magazine cover was on The Colbert Report last night. Stephen Colbert made sufficient fun of the intolerant letter-writing protesters. In his sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek way, of course.

Thought this might be of some small comfort :-)